Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The (Bear?) Park

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, so we decided to take a leisurely trip to the park. After a quick swing on the swings we went for a walk around to check out the sights. What we found was quite a sight indeed! A black bear, police, animal control, and a bunch of crazies (us included) taking pictures.
The police were there to keep the real crazies (who I must say were getting awfully close to the bear) away, and the animal control officer was there to *sigh* tranquilize him and take him to his forest home. I hope.
Isn't he cute??
After the bear was out of the tree, and taking a nap in the 'bear trap', we went to see if there were any beavers in the river. No luck this time, but I think the bear was enough excitement for one day.
So the girls checked out the big trees at the park.
I can only imagine Cara's amazement at the big tree. Everything seems brand new to her.
On another note, the girls got their tea party guest on Friday... Grandma! Well, maybe not real tea but peach juice. It was much too warm for hot tea! Grandma even brought yummy cookies from the bakery for us, and super cool twirly straw cups. Thanks Grandma!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Ashlyn and cara. It looks like you girls had fun at the park. That is cool that you guys got to see a bear too. I am glad you had fun with grandma at the tea party to looks like you girl enjoyed your self. Love cousin Lisa